New year, new goals, new dreams, new trends.9:49 AM
I want to wish all of you a happy new year!! 2013 was a great year for me, but I couldn’t be more excited for everything that’s coming up in 2014. My resolution for this year is like that saying that goes “turn my can’ts into cans and my dreams into plans”. Also, trying to accomplish those resolutions that stay with me year after year, such as hitting the gym more often (which I need ASAP because of all the food I ate this past couple of weeks).
Talking about fashion, there are fashion trends we wish would stay in 2013 and never come back and some we wish would stay with us until the end of times.
- Crop tops are here to stay, they were seen a lot in SS14 collections and I think they are great for spring and summer, although one must be very slim to actually look good in them.
- Menswear is something I have learned to love, I mean, who doesn't like a pair of boyfriend jeans?
- The 90's are still with us, and I think this is great, I love this trend.
- Sportswear (that is not appropiate for the gym) will also remain with us in SS14, I'm not a huge fan of this one, but oh well.
- If you want to start spring with the right foot, go get a pleated skirt, these are huge this season!
- Metallics are very retro and chic and here to stay!
- Don't say goodbye to your skinny jeans, but you better have at least a pair of wide legged pants in handy!
- On the other hand, please throw away any pair of harem pants you might have, these are very unflattering and not chic at all.
- Extremely short shorts or daisy dukes belong at the very bottom of your drawers, showing your butt is not classy at all. Keep a pair for a music festival, but don't wear them on a daily basis.
- The wedge sneaker trend should just be over. The point of wearing sneakers is to be comfortable after all, isn't it?
- Those crazy platforms that look like they're comfortable but that also look so tacky and cheap and that are actually really hard to walk on, please let's just say goodbye to them.
- We all love to wear leggings as pants, don't we? But let's stay with regular leggings and throw ripped leggings away, those cannot be dressed up at all.